Safety Information - Aluminium Sulphate
Aluminium sulphate (Alum) is non hazardous cargo.
- Chemical Name: Aluminium Sulphate
- Chemical formula: Al2(SO4)3
- CAS No. : 10043-01-3
- UN No. : None allocated
- Hazard Class: Non hazardous
- Appearance: Solid pieces or powder
- Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures. On contact with moisture it is readily hydrolysed to sulphuric acid. Corrosive to metals in the presence of moisture.
- Storage and Handling : Store in a dry ventilated place away from moisture. It is better to use gloves and masks while handling the commodity. Always wash hands with soap and plenty of water before eating, smoking or using toilets.
- Warning: Ingestion of large amounts may result in serious injury. If swallowed may lead to oral and gastrointestinal irritation and local tissue damage. Nausea, vomiting and gastrointestinal bleeding may follow. Accidental Release Measures: This is not a dangerous commodity.
First Aid Measures:
a) Ingestion: Give water to the victim if he/she is conscious. Do not give liquids to an unconscious victim. Get immediate medical attention.
b) Inhalation: Remove the victim to fresh air at once.
c) Skin: Wash with soap and water. Use plenty of water to wash.
d) Eyes: Wash with plenty of water. Get medical attention at the earliest.
Disposal: Dispose in accordance with local governmental regulations.